Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fatherhood


Too often we recognize the wrong people as heros, such as movie stars and sports figures that don't live a life worthy of recognition.  How tragic that the true heros around us often go unnoticed.  

Fatherhood doesn’t come easy.  It doesn’t come with lots of thank yous for the sacrifices made.  Sadly, the media and our legal system often devalue it.  It doesn’t end when your child turns 18 and it sure doesn’t get any easier just because they are “grown”.  I am thankful to the men who chose to stay by their families no matter what it costs them.  Those that knew that their first job was to parent and not be our best friend.  Those who chose to lead us and guide us even when they knew that our response might be, “I hate you!” as we through a tantrum only to look back and realize that they really had our best interest at heart.  For those who provided security and discipline, and whose strong arms could comfort our tears. 

With love this Father’s Day to my Dad, my husband, and my Father-in-Law.  I love you and I thank God for each of you every day. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Fatherhood Community? Our members will appreciate it and as the father of 3 teenage boys, I will too.
    Members include: Fathers, Dads, Daddies, Fatherhood Lovers, Experts and Fans.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also share Photos, Videos and Articles if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Fatherhood Community: http://www.vorts.com/fatherhood/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete